Members of the Constructivist Consortium believe in the following principles:
- The learner is at the center of the educational process and knowledge results from socially constructed experiences.
- Computers and communication technology create expanded opportunities for children to learn traditional concepts and additional opportunities to learn new things in new ways.
- Hardware and software are best used in ways that enhance each student’s creative and intellectual development in a flexible open-ended fashion.
- Students are empowered by abundant access to computers and while engaged in personally meaningful projects.
- Teachers are in the best position to know how to meet the needs of their students.
- Opportunities for student collaboration, communication and publishing are at least as important as access to information.
- 21st Century students are creative, thoughtful and capable of responsible leadership in their schools and communities. Student empowerment is a key to academic success.
The Constructivist Consortium Members are: Tech4Learning, Schoolkit, LCSI, Inspiration Software, Generation YES & FableVision.
Gary S. Stager is the Executive Director of the Constructivist Consortium.
Melinda Kolk is the Deputy Director of the Constructivist Consortium.
Click here for biographical information.